Project Manager/Civil Engineer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Registration
- Business Development
- Project Management Experience with Plans and Specifications
- Preparing Cost Estimates for Projects
- AutoCAD/Civil 3D
- Prepare proposals, client contracts and presentations
- Attend client related functions such as project meetings and public hearings
- Coordinate, supervise and participate in projects
- Project management responsibilities including: budgeting, scheduling, directing teams, prioritizing multiple projects and deadlines and communicating with all team members, clients, contractors and outside consultants.
- Design plans, specifications and costs estimates for projects
- Quality control
- Recommendation for modifications to plans when necessary
- Periodic visits to construction sites as appropriate to review conditions
- Plan, schedule and coordinate engineering work
- Supervision of other engineers, technical and/or administrative support personnel
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Bachelor’s
Required experience: Civil Engineering/Project Management: 10 years
Survey Crew Chief
- Managing a crew between 2-6 personnel
- Operating: Total station, GPS, Level etc.
- Perform survey activities such as: leveling, traversing, topographical mapping, construction layout, as-build surveys, boundary surveys, profile and cross section surveys
- Perform physical tasks such as: line clearing, pounding stakes, setting monuments and locating critical underground objects
- Record field notes legibly and accurately
- Communicate effectively with crew members and other survey staff
- Work with computers and a variety of software applications
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE / EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of mathematics and measurements
- Knowledge of care, cleaning and use of a variety of surveying tools and equipment
- Knowledge of the principles of performing basic surveys (i.e., leveling, traversing, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of basic plan reading (i.e., topographic surveys, boundary surveys, etc)
- Knowledge of required safety procedures and practices
- Maintain a current driver’s license in good standing
- Workload management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Illustrate initiative and resourcefulness
- Adherence to Product Quality Standard
- Previous survey or survey-related internship experience desired
- Highly proficient in required safety procedures and practices
Job Type: Full-time
Survey Field Technician
The Survey Technician is a developmental position that assists the Survey Crew Chief by conducting field activities under direct supervision. Travel and overtime (weekend) work large part of position.
•Maintain equipment by cleaning, completing preventative maintenance, and performing calibrations.
•Clean and stock work vehicle.
•Maintain safe work environment
•Assist in start to survey activities at project site.
•Perform survey activities such as: leveling, traversing, topographic mapping, construction layout, as-built surveys, boundary surveys, profile and cross section surveys.
•Perform physical tasks such as: line clearing, pounding stakes, setting monuments, and locating critical underground objects.
•Record field notes legibly and accurately.
•Communicate effectively with crew members and other survey staff.
Experience: Experience with electronic data collection and GPS systems is desired.
Job Type: Full-time
- Understand Auto CAD software and related surveying/engineering applications along with their limitations and capabilities.
- Understand and follow company drawing/CAD standards, quality guidelines, and drawing procedures.
- Receive requests for information regarding utilities, property descriptions, easements, and other recorded and unrecorded documents and deliver in a timely fashion to various company departments. Responsible for tracking and follow up on these requests.
- Able to read and understand construction documents, survey related documents, detailed sketches, notes, and verbal instructions in order to determine and plan the best approach to develop and complete a drawing with minimal supervision.
- Have a basic knowledge of horizontal and vertical control points and their related systems.
- Utilize detail library effectively to maintain a high level of productivity and suggest and/or develop additions or proposed changes to the existing detail library.
- Calculate and manipulate coordinates with minimum supervision (to include translating, rotating and adjusting), while communicating and documenting these adjustments.
- May assist, as requested, in creating estimates for some aspects of projects.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with internal company standards and quality control programs.
- Become familiar with photogrammetric surveys and processing of aerial data.
Job Type: Full-time
Required Education: High School Diploma or GED Equivalent/Associates Degree in Applied Science
Desired Experience: Civil 3D/CAD, CST Level I &II, UAS Certification
- All typical duties & responsibilities of CAD Technician I and II as well as the following.
- Have knowledge of procedures for production of engineering / construction documents.
- Have knowledge of photogrammetric surveys and processing aerial data.
- Research, ask questions, and develop understanding of applicable design codes and ordinances for Project Manager or Project Engineer.
- Assist in preparing drawings and construction documents by working with survey technicians and modifying plans as reviewed by agencies, municipalities, and clients.
- Understand project scope and organize plan set by conferring with project team members.
- Supports project team by designing portions of project & addressing engineering issues under direct supervision.
- Assist in providing construction-related services by preparing permit applications, reviewing cut sheets, quantity estimates; performing construction observation.
- Assist in the development of construction cost estimates and provide value engineering ideas
- Complete calculations, using engineering formulas and skills for design layout directed by Project Manager or Project Engineer.
- Keep Project Manager informed of any changes in project scope or additional services.
- Develop contact with equipment suppliers.
- Attend meetings – days or nights. Effectively present information and be able to respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Review and visit construction sites to monitor progress per the contract documents.
- Ensure that project correspondences & design documentation are kept orderly & complete.
Job Type: Full-time
Required Education: Associates Degree in Applied Science or bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering preferred
Desired Experience: 5+ years or 0-3 years if accompanied by BS in Civil Engineering. Civil 3D/CAD, CST Level I-IV (Office Track), UAS Certification
This position will be in our Fowlerville office to support multiple clients’ projects. This position will primarily involve working within the office and GIS & CAD applications generating actionable data to MEGA and client specifications. Additional assignments may include 2D digitizing of features and attribution of those features into geodatabases in support of other departments. The ideal candidate will receive training by team members on proper techniques in GIS & CAD applications, compilation and standardized team processes.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Identify, develop and manage best practices for GIS data
• Troubleshoot and resolve problems with GIS solutions, software and processes
• Manage large datasets for utility and infrastructure asset management
• Process and analyze 2D & 3D survey data
• Process and analyze photogrammetry data
• Strong understanding of spatial relationships in the real world and databases
• Extract feature and/or terrain data from various sources
• Shares best practices with other employees
• Implements guidance adjustment given by project lead
• Understand and utilize basic math
• Follow written and spoken instructions
• Operate as part of a team
• Other duties as assigned
Job knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record
• Knowledge of:
o Mobile operating system (IOS, Android)
o Software such as but not limited to: ArcGIS, ESRI Production Mapping suite, Microsoft Office suite, Autodesk Engineering & Construction Suite, Autodesk Civil 3D, Global Mapper, Trimble Business Center, Pix4D, Map Info, GP Seismic.
• Ability to:
o Carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and respond to problems as they occur with diplomacy, common sense, and a positive attitude.
o Work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, recognizing problems and finding solutions.
o Establish and maintain project priorities.
o Work independently
• Desire to:
o Learn new technology
o Advance personally and professionally
Experience & Education:
• Associate and/or bachelor’s degree in Geography or related Geospatial Scientific or Technical discipline, or equivalent professional experience
• Minimum three (3) years job related experience
• Experience in photogrammetry, surveying, cartography, civil engineering or related fields